Merry merry matcha! There's nothing more festive than holiday cookies, and these matcha sugar cookies will make your celebrations brighter. Shape them, bake them, and enjoy the Mizuba cheer with every bite. Or go the extra mile an use them as a canvas for sprinkles, sparkles, frosting and more. Be sure to tag us in your creations! @MizubaTeaCo. Have a merry and bright #MatchaMoment!
(Making cookies for a crowd? Double the recipe!)
For the frosting
Method: (Preheat oven to 350ºF)
1. Sift together flour, matcha, baking powder, and salt.
2. Cream together butter & sugar in a standing mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla to the mixer until combined.
3. On medium-low speed, gradually add dry ingredients to the mixer until incorporated. Roll dough into a ball and cover before chilling in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
4. Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper or use silicone baking mats. Roll out dough to about 1/4 inch thickness. Cut cookies into fun shapes using your favorite cookie cutter!
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the first sign of lightly browned edges.
6.While cookies are cooling, prepare your favorite frosting or icing.
7.Frost and eat all of the cookies!
In a medium-sized bowl, combine butter and vanilla with a hand-held mixer (or in a standing mixer) on low speed. Continuing on low speed, gradually add powdered sugar. As you mix, add the milk to the frosting as needed. Frost your cookies and enjoy!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
March 02, 2020
this was wonderful! Thank you for sharing all these tips and recipes..really helps those of us without the create gene;)