Get ready to try our all-time favorite new spring/summer party drink!
Watch how fun it is to make, and read the recipe details below:
Mizuba Matcha Soda:
- plain water
- a 12oz mason jar
- sparkling water (we prefer Topo Chico)
- optional sweetener (honey, agave, vanilla syrup, simple syrup, etc)
- cocktail umbrella. Not really optional, in our opinion if you're asking.
If you're going with a mason jar:
• Place 1 teaspoon Mizuba matcha into your mason jar.
• Fill halfway with cold - 165ºF water (no need to heat it up - unless you'd like to add sweetener. Warmer water helps dissolve your chosen sweetener more thoroughly).
• Shake mason jar like you mean it until matcha is perfectly incorporated and frothy. (Pro-tip - it helps to dance).
• Top off with sparkling water and go relax by the pool.
• Place 1 teaspoon matcha into your chawan tea bowl.
• Add 1oz cold - 165ºF water (no need to heat it up - unless you'd like to add sweetener. Warmer water helps dissolve your chosen sweetener more thoroughly).
• Use chasen to make koicha, or a smooth paste making sure to work out all clumps. If you're going to add sweetener, do so here.
• Add about 4-6 ounces more water and whisk matcha into usucha.
• Fill the rest of your chawan with sparkling water, or pour matcha into glass of choice & top with sparkling water.
• Decorate with cocktail umbrella and enjoy!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
While we feel the need to "go green" all the time, we know that this particular month has people *really* getting their green game on. So let's not make things any harder than they have to be. In five minutes you could be enjoying your very own pint of Mizuba matcha ice cream! Scroll down for the recipe.