Get ready to try our all-time favorite new spring/summer party drink!
Watch how fun it is to make, and read the recipe details below:
Mizuba Matcha Soda:
- plain water
- a 12oz mason jar
- sparkling water (we prefer Topo Chico)
- optional sweetener (honey, agave, vanilla syrup, simple syrup, etc)
- cocktail umbrella. Not really optional, in our opinion if you're asking.
If you're going with a mason jar:
• Place 1 teaspoon Mizuba matcha into your mason jar.
• Fill halfway with cold - 165ºF water (no need to heat it up - unless you'd like to add sweetener. Warmer water helps dissolve your chosen sweetener more thoroughly).
• Shake mason jar like you mean it until matcha is perfectly incorporated and frothy. (Pro-tip - it helps to dance).
• Top off with sparkling water and go relax by the pool.
• Place 1 teaspoon matcha into your chawan tea bowl.
• Add 1oz cold - 165ºF water (no need to heat it up - unless you'd like to add sweetener. Warmer water helps dissolve your chosen sweetener more thoroughly).
• Use chasen to make koicha, or a smooth paste making sure to work out all clumps. If you're going to add sweetener, do so here.
• Add about 4-6 ounces more water and whisk matcha into usucha.
• Fill the rest of your chawan with sparkling water, or pour matcha into glass of choice & top with sparkling water.
• Decorate with cocktail umbrella and enjoy!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Our newest go-to latte is creamy, toasty, caramel-y, and naturally very low in caffeine. Perfect for cozy afternoons, dark winter evenings, and nearly-caffeine-free mornings.
Our recipe is super-simple and appropriate for any skill level. If you've made a matcha latte before, you'll be very at home here.