Sadie from Goodies Against the Grain has done it again. From the gal that brought us our dream matcha cake comes your new baking crush: matcha chocolate hearts! Fall in love with these babies full of antioxidants, healthy fats, and zero sugar!!
As Sadie says, "these are AMAZING. They’re silky smooth, slightly sweet, perfect for chocolate cravings, and the matcha flavor really comes through. You’re gonna flip. "
All words & photos by Goodies Against the Grain
🌿Matcha + Cacao Chocolate Hearts🍃
2/3 cup finely chopped cacao butter
1/4 cup @nutiva coconut oil
1/4 cup coconut butter/manna
3 Tbs @sunpotion cacao powder
1 tsp @mizubateaco culinary organic matcha green tea powder
@lakantosweetener monk fruit extract or stevia, to taste
1 pinch @redmondrealsalt sea salt
1. In a small saucepan, bring the cacao butter, coconut oil and coconut butter together on low heat. Stir gently until it melts and is all combined (do not let boil!)
2. Remove from heat and pour 1/2 cup of the mixture each into two separate bowls.
3. To one bowl, add the cacao powder, 8 drops of monk fruit, and sea salt. Whisk until combined. To the other bowl, add the matcha and 5 drops monk fruit extract. Whisk until smooth.
4. Pour into 2 silicone heart molds (or mold of choice) alternating between the matcha and cacao mixtures. If you want to see the green coming through, pour a little of the matcha in, freeze for 5 minutes, then add chocolate.
5. Freeze for 15 minutes, then pop out and DEVOUR!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Our newest go-to latte is creamy, toasty, caramel-y, and naturally very low in caffeine. Perfect for cozy afternoons, dark winter evenings, and nearly-caffeine-free mornings.
Our recipe is super-simple and appropriate for any skill level. If you've made a matcha latte before, you'll be very at home here.