So when we're able to combine both these wonderful things, magical moments happen! Take, for example, these matcha thumbprint cookies filled with a delicious, low-glycemic raspberry chia seed jam. Sweet enough to taste like a treat, healthy enough to eat for breakfast! Winners all around.
For the cookies
1 cup oat flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
13/ cup coconut sugar
1 tablespoon Mizuba Organic Culinary Matcha
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup melted/softened coconut butter
1 flax or chia seed egg (make it by adding 1 tablespoon chia seeds to 3 tablespoons water!)
1 teaspoon vanilla
For the Jam
1 cup frozen raspberries
1 tablespoon honey
3 tablespoons chia seeds
1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
2 tablespoons freshly brewed green tea or water
~ pre-heat your oven to 375º F ~
1) Whisk together both oat and whole wheat flours with your baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
2) Using a Kitchen Aid or hand-held mixer, whip 1 tablespoon matcha with both your butter and coconut butter until creamy. One at a time, slowly add your coconut sugar, vanilla, chia seed egg (or flax or chicken egg) until completely beaten and incorporated.
3) With your mixer on low, add your dry ingredients to your creamy ingredients and gently fold until a dough forms.
4) Make your jam! In a saucepan, bring your frozen raspberries, honey, chia seeds, lemon juice and zest, grated ginger, and 2 tablespoons liquid (water or tea) to a low boil, stirring frequently. When the mixture is nice and simmered down, take the pan off the heat and let sit until the jam solidifies to a nice consistency.
5) While your jam sets, start forming your cookies! Roll 1 teaspoon dough into a ball. To form the well for your jam, gently press your thumb into the center of your dough.
6) Spoon a tasty morsel of jam into each cookie.
7) Bake cookies for about 12-15 minutes.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
We can't think of a better way to enjoy your adventure in the great outdoors than by EATING THESE MIZUBA MATCHA LATTE NUT BUTTER S'MORES, so ingeniously created by our BFF's at Ground Up!
This special recipe features an ingenious collaboration: Mizuba Matcha Nut Butter!