The beautiful, powdery classic tea cookies are a hallmark of holiday baking. Whether you know them as Mexican Wedding Cookies or Russian Tea Cookies, we can all agree - they are tasty!!
Our modern matcha twist is all in the powdered sugar coating. This recipe is super easy, fun, and perfectly packable to bring to holiday parties or send them to loved ones through the mail for a matcha moment!
Mizuba Russian Tea Cookies
• 2 cups pecans
• 2 cups whole wheat flour
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/3 cup coconut sugar
• 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
• 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1.5 cups powdered sugar
• 1 tablespoon Mizuba Culinary Organic Matcha
1) Preheat the oven to 250º F. Line your baking sheets with parchment paper or a Silpat mat.
2) Grind pecans in a food processor or vitamix. Process until the texture is similar to coarse cornmeal - fine and fluffy, but not at the point where it starts to make pecan butter! And not too coarse that there are chunks.
3) Put your ground pecans in a bowl. Stir in flour, salt + cinnamon.
4) In a stand or with a handheld mixer, beat butter & sugar until creamed. Add vanilla and beat to incorporate.
5) Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add the pecan + flour mix. Gently combine until the dough forms. Do not over mix.
6) Roll dough into balls and place on baking sheets.
7) Bake for about 15-18 minutes until the edges are light brown. Let cool.
8) While the cookies cool, whisk together your powdered sugar and matcha!
9) Roll each cookie in the powdered sugar until fully coated.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Our newest go-to latte is creamy, toasty, caramel-y, and naturally very low in caffeine. Perfect for cozy afternoons, dark winter evenings, and nearly-caffeine-free mornings.
Our recipe is super-simple and appropriate for any skill level. If you've made a matcha latte before, you'll be very at home here.