1.5 cups whole wheat pastry flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon finely grated zest (we used grapefruit, but also highly recommend blood orange or lemon!)
1 cup coconut sugar
1/3 cup good olive oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cups yogurt
5 tablespoons grapefruit juice
1 tablespoon yogurt
1 teaspoon water
1/2 cup powdered sugar
salt to taste
1 tablespoon Organic Culinary Mizuba Matcha
1) Pre-heat oven to 350ºF and grease a loaf pan. Coat pan with a sprinkle of flour.
2) Gently mix all of your dry ingredients together.
3) Mix the coconut sugar and citrus zest together. Work together until fragrant.
4) To the sugar mixture, add the eggs, olive oil and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on high speed until fully incorporated, light, and viscous.
5) Reduce speed on your mixer, and add half your dry ingredients.
6) Stir in 3/4 cup yogurt.
7) Add the remaining half of the dry ingredients to your mixture
8) Add 5 tablespoons citrus juice.
9) Pour batter into greased pan.
10) Bake until golden brown and a knife comes out clean free of crumbs, about 50-55 minutes.
11) Transfer loaf to a wire rack to cool. Let cool completely
Make the icing!
1) Whisk powdered sugar, water, salt, 1 tablespoon yogurt, and 1 tablespoon Organic Culinary Mizuba Matcha until smooth! Use your best drizzle skills and decorate your cake! Admire your handiwork, make yourself a cup of tea, and dig in! Optional edible flowers for decoration are also recommended :)
Best stored at room temperature in an airtight container.
Did you make this recipe? Tag us on Instagram & Pinterest @MizubaTeaCo // #MatchaMoment !
Comments will be approved before showing up.
While we feel the need to "go green" all the time, we know that this particular month has people *really* getting their green game on. So let's not make things any harder than they have to be. In five minutes you could be enjoying your very own pint of Mizuba matcha ice cream! Scroll down for the recipe.