Mizuba fan and popular blogger It's Me, Charlotte, shares a divine recipe for raw Mizuba matcha, coconut macaroons!
Words & images by It's Me, Charlotte on Design Love Fest*********
We’re always working to keep things balanced around here, enjoying the finer things in life but also maintaining a healthy and active life. we like to post a little something for everyone and that’s why we’re trying out some super clean recipe posts from Charlotte who runs a blog centered around living a vibrant healthy life! she take gorgeous photos and we’re excited to share this first post from her on a paleo and vegan friendly dessert. let us know what you think and if you’re interested in more recipes like this one! and welcome, charlotte!
“What better way to have fun living a healthy lifestyle than with nutrient-dense and power packed treats!? These Raw Matcha Macaroons are made with healthy fats from coconut, a little bit of raw honey and the uber superfood matcha! Matcha is a stone ground green tea and is a fantastic source of amino acids, catechins, vitamins A & C and even aids in blood sugar regulation. You can be sure that these raw macaroons have a balanced amount of fat and blood sugar regulating properties to help your body mediate a blood sugar spike from the natural sugar found in the honey. Enjoy!” – Charlotte
• 2 tablespoons melted extra virgin coconut oil
• 3 tablespoons coconut nectar for the vegans or raw honey
• 2 tablespoons coconut milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon high-quality Mizuba Culinary matcha
• 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1. Add 1.75 cups finely shredded coconut and process in a food processor until a thick paste forms. This will take approximately 2 minutes.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and process for another 30 seconds or until combined. Next, add the remaining .75 cups of finely shredded to the coconut and pulse 2-3 for approximately five seconds until well combined.
3. Using a cookie scoop (or your hands) make small balls with the dough. This should yield about 10 macaroons. Sprinkle with flake salt and/or hemp seeds. Refrigerate until firm and then devour!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Our newest go-to latte is creamy, toasty, caramel-y, and naturally very low in caffeine. Perfect for cozy afternoons, dark winter evenings, and nearly-caffeine-free mornings.
Our recipe is super-simple and appropriate for any skill level. If you've made a matcha latte before, you'll be very at home here.