From our very own Hettie (director of “Shipping Your Order with Care” and also “Continually Impressing Us with Her Delightful Recipes”) comes this delicious Chamomile Houjicha Tea Bread recipe! This bread is delicious, comforting, and completely gluten-free. A perfect treat to go along with a delicious cup of Mizuba tea. Shop the Mizuba Organic Chamomile Houjicha you need for this recipe.
3 Tbsp Mizuba Organic Chamomile Houjicha Tea
1 cup milk of choice
1 stick of butter
6 Tbs honey
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
¾ cup almond flour
1 ¼ cup oat flour
½ cup buckwheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly coat a loaf pan with nonstick spray and flour of choice.
2. Pour milk into a saucepan and stir in the chamomile houjicha. Slowly heat milk to a simmer before turning down the heat slightly. Allow the milk to steam for three minutes. Remove the milk from heat and set aside as it cools to room temperature. Strain the infused milk.
3. Whisk together oat + buckwheat flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to cream the butter and honey together for three minutes or until well combined and whipped. Add eggs one at a time, beating to blend after each addition.
5. Reduce mixer speed to add almond flour and vanilla, then alternate adding dry mixture and milk until all ingredients are incorporated.
6. Pour into the prepared pan and bake it baby! Bake bread until a toothpick or knife inserted into the center comes out clean, 50–60 minutes. Let bread cool in the pan before enjoying.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Our newest go-to latte is creamy, toasty, caramel-y, and naturally very low in caffeine. Perfect for cozy afternoons, dark winter evenings, and nearly-caffeine-free mornings.
Our recipe is super-simple and appropriate for any skill level. If you've made a matcha latte before, you'll be very at home here.