This recipe by Mizuba partners and enthusiasts, Nibs & Greens, combined two of their favorite mottos: "mindful indulgences" and "matcha everyday". These Matcha Cupcakes with Cinnamon Whipped Cream are light, sweet, cakey, and combine the delicious, subtle flavors of Mizuba Matcha powder and cinnamon. Perfect for fall, these vegan and gluten-free cupcakes will be great for your next tea party!
Mizuba Matcha Cupcakes
1/4 cup flax meal + 3/4 cup water
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
1 Tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill GF Baking Mix
1 Tbsp. Organic Culinary Mizuba Matcha powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat your oven to 350˚ and line your muffin tin with 6 cupcake liners.
- Mix flax meal with water in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine all the wet ingredients into a small bowl. Stir in flax eggs.
- In another bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix thoroughly. The batter will be pretty thick.
- Divide the mixture between the 6 cupcake liners, pressing it down to fill in all the sides.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the tops are slightly brown and they're firm to the touch.
- Let the cupcakes cool before frosting.
Cinnamon Whipped Cream
1 can full-fat coconut milk, place in your fridge overnight
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Scoop out the thick coconut cream from the can and place in a medium bowl, discarding the water that has separated.
- Using a standing mixer or hand-held mixer, begin to whip the coconut cream.
- Once the cream begins to thicken up, add the remaining ingredients and continue whipping until soft peaks have formed.
- Using a cookie scoop, place a large dollop of the whipped cream over each cupcake.
- Enjoy immediately or store in your fridge for later!
Please visit Nibs & Green's Blog for TONS of Matcha recipes to be made with Organic Mizuba Culinary Matcha!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.